You know that feeling of waking up with a greasy face and oily pores? You may be wondering "why is my skin so oily?" or "what causes this problem?". The answer to your question might lie here. In this blog post, we will discuss about causes of oily skin, what ingredients make the best oily skin care product and how to get rid of oily skin!
What causes oily skin?
Oily skin can be caused by many different things. Here are just some of the factors contributing to oily skin.
- Your genes (inherited from family)
- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy or menopause
- Stress levels increasing hormone output
- Dietary choices
- Spicy foods
- Dehydration (can increase sebum production)
Oily skin causes a dull appearance and is often susceptible to blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads. It also leads to breakouts-the last thing anyone needs after acne struggles is settling down for a while.
How to get rid of oily skin?
So it's clear now why having oily skin isn't really a good thing... but how do you get rid of this problem? Oily skin can lead to acne, as well as other problems like dullness or uneven texture. So if you want healthier looking skin then it's time for you to take action against those pesky oils! One of the effective ways is by choosing a face mask for oily skin. But before that, let's have a look at some of the best ingredients for oily acne prone skin that you should look for in an oil absorbing face mask.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is an active form of vitamin B that can help control oil production. It is also used to treat acne and promote brighter skin tone!
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid helps unclog pores by dissolving the sebum which will result in less breakouts on your face... yay!
- Willow Bark Extract: Willow bark extract has anti-inflammatory properties so it’s great for those who suffer from redness or irritation due to their oily skin condition. This ingredient also contains natural salicylic acid, just like the previous one we talked about.
- Sandalwood powder: It is known for its cooling fragrance and antibacterial properties, which are great when treating breakouts or oily/acne prone skin.
- Vetiver powder: Vetiver has astringent properties that help tighten the pores on your face removing excess sebum/oil. It also helps reduce redness or inflammation caused by breakouts. This ingredient will be perfect if you have sensitive oily acne prone skin! :)
- Multani Mitti aka Fuller's Earth: Multani mitti (aka fuller's earth) is an oil absorbing clay powder used in Ayurvedic skincare that reduces inflammation caused by acne while absorbing excess sebum/oil at the same time.
- Kaolin Clay: It helps absorb excess oil without extremely drying out your skin. With its soothing properties, it can treat blackheads, white heads and zits making them less noticeable.
- Turmeric: It is a very potent adaptogen and known as a dermatological wonder ingredient that helps with various issues including blemishes, dullness or sallow complexion. It also assists with soothing inflammation so it's an excellent choice when you have pimples on areas of your face where there are fine lines - under eyes, mouth corners etc., because these lines will be more prominent if they're red from irritation at the time.
- Neem Powder: Neem has been known for its antimicrobial properties which can prevent breakouts. Neem leaves have natural astringent, antiseptic and antifungal properties which help to fight acne causing bacteria on the face and body.
- Peppermint Leaf powder: It has amazing cooling and soothing properties, peppermint helps reduce the redness that usually comes with acne and pimples. It also reduces inflammation associated with breakouts.
- Tea Tree Oil: Apart from smelling refreshing, Tea tree oil is considered a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which makes it great for those with acne prone skin!
Face mask for oily skin
So as you can see, there are many different ingredients out there to choose from. A very common misconception is that oily skin doesn't need hydration, but this couldn't be further from the truth! Oily skin needs just as much moisture as any other type of skin does to stay fresh and look good! The key is finding a product with ingredients that will not clog pores or cause more oil production for your face. And guess what? We may have that right product for you.
Culte Skincare presents to you their very own Face mask for oily skin- Iceface Kaolin Clay mask: Turmeric face mask with multani mitti aka fuller’s earth. This unique formula helps balance the skin's natural oil production to keep your face purified and refreshed. Best of all? It's natural and vegan friendly as well as free of parabens, fillers and harsh ingredients that can cause irritation or redness on those with sensitive skin types.
Iceface Kaolin Clay Mask
In these packs, there are some very powerful ingredients combined in such a way that will leave you with a clean, clear and radiant complexion that not only looks good but feels great! Following are the combinations of ingredients used in this oil absorbing Kaolin clay mask:
Niacinamide + Salicylic Acid + Willow Bark Extract
This combination is perfect if you want a non-drying, deep cleansing treatment for your oily acne prone skin. Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that penetrates pores to clear away dead cells on the surface of the skin which causes blackheads or whiteheads. Niacinamide helps normalize sebum production which reduces oily skin and helps reduce the appearance of pores. These two are considered to be the best active ingredients in skin care. Willow Bark Extract contains natural BHA’s (beta Hydroxy acids) which reduce inflammation associated with redness & breakouts while purifying pores.
Sandalwood powder + Vetiver powder
The blend of skin soothing ingredients sandalwood and vetiver works best for oily skin because of the way it regulates excess sebum production while simultaneously tightening pores for clean-looking skin texture. Used in Ayurvedic skincare, this is a wonderful formula that gently cleanses away oil and impurities without stripping your face from its natural moisture barrier.
Neem powder + Peppermint + Tea Tree Oil
If you suffer from redness or irritation then this would be the combination for you. The neem has antibacterial properties which can help fight acne-causing bacteria. Tea tree oil has anti inflammatory properties that calm irritated blemishes, as well as antiseptic qualities for cleansing purposes. Peppermint helps cool the skin down and makes your face feel fresh.
Kaolin clay + Multani Mitti
The Kaolin clay helps to absorb the excess oil from the face, while Fuller's earth cleanses and exfoliates it gently. This is a great combination if you suffer from blackheads and breakouts but still want to avoid using harsh chemicals on your skin.
Oily skin can be frustrating, but it doesn't have to be. Using the right face mask for oily skin can make all of the difference. It’s important that you find one with active ingredients and natural skin soothing ingredients that are known to be effective against acne and other problems commonly associated with an oily complexion.
Overall, Culte skincare’s Ice face kaolin clay mask is an effective way to get rid of your oil problems without spending too much money or time in front of the mirror trying to fix them yourself at home with different face masks. This face mask for oily skin will give you a deep cleanse that can remove dirt, impurities and excess oils from pores leaving behind clearer brighter looking skin. Also, this kaolin clay mask uses all natural ingredients that are fantastic for oily skin types and will help you get the clean complexion you've always desired.
It's time you give your skin the love it deserves- a perfect oily skin care product! Treat yourself today with this amazing, all natural face mask that helps clean out pores and keep oil production under control naturally. Shop online now at culteskincare.com!
How long does oily skin last?
There's not a clear answer as to how long oily skin will last. It really depends on genetics and lifestyle factors like diet, stress levels, the type of skincare products that you're using and your individual auto-immune response (how the immune system responds to irritants). One person could have their oil production under control for 5 years and then suddenly it gets out of control again after 10 years - so there's no telling when it'll come or go.
How to take care of oily skin naturally?
The best thing you can do for this type of skin is cut out any high-fat foods and foods rich in sugar from your diet, drink lots of water and use natural products which help exfoliate dead cells without irritating healthy ones. You will also want to avoid alcohol, caffeine and dairy as they cause bloating and make acne worse. Finally, stay out of heavy sunlight as too much UV exposure can make acne worse!
How long to keep a face mask on?
For oil control and removal, 10-15 minutes may be necessary.
How often to exfoliate oily skin?
For oily skin care, exfoliation (whether chemical or physical) can be used two to three times a week for clearer looking pores and decreased enlarged pore size. It's important not to overdo this since this can lead to an increase in oil production.
How often to use a face mask for oily skin?
A face mask for oily skin should be applied 2-3 times a week or as needed. A good time to apply a face mask is after washing the day off and scrubbing your skin with your favorite exfoliator. Apply the mask and leave on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing and moisturizing with our face wash and face moisturiser - face combo.
What face mask is good for oily skin?
Face masks for oily skin care are usually made of clay-based products which absorb oil. If your skin is sensitive or acne prone, it is highly recommended to use a face mask with natural ingredients like our kaolin clay mask or charcoal face mask, since it is more likely to heal faster.