Taking care of your skin can be quite a challenge, especially when you have a busy lifestyle and no time to follow a skincare routine with more steps than you’d prefer. Before painting the canvas of your skin and splurging on makeup, you should make sure that your skin has been naturally taken care of.
Using natural skincare and natural body products to take care of your skin makes your skin glow from within, reducing your need for makeup so that you can look radiant and gorgeous even on your no-makeup days or right after a swim. Being aware of what is present in your skincare products so that you can avoid harmful ingredients is of the utmost importance.
These natural beauty tips for glowing skin will not only provide you with a flawlessly smooth base for makeup but also do wonders for your skin, body, and overall well-being.
Do You Really Know What Is In Your Skincare?Natural Skincare products that use natural and sustainable ingredients are better for our skin and the planet. We do the future generations and ourselves a favor by using eco-friendly products that help preserve nature.
- Parabens – Parabens are present in a wide range of cosmetics, from soap to lotion to makeup. They are preservatives that prevent bacteria formation and are hence present where water is. These produce a substance that acts like the female hormone estrogen - a hormone disruptor that causes hormonal imbalance and in some cases breast cancer.
- Artificial fragrance – A lot of cosmetics and skin care products contain artificial fragrances that are very harmful to the body as they are usually mixtures of allergens, endocrine disruptors, and irritants.
- Polyethylene glycol (PEGs) – It is used to moisturize and enable other ingredients, both good and bad, to penetrate the skin. Hence, along with allowing certain compounds that are good for the skin, they let certain harmful impurities pass through too.
- Silicones – If you have acne or acne-prone skin, you will want to avoid silicones. Silicones increase the penetration of other ingredients including pore-clogging ones and those that aren’t compatible with your skin.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES) – Used in personal skin care products, SLS/SLES can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions.
- Synthetic Colours – Artificial coloring of natural skincare products is used to aesthetically appeal to the customers. However, they can make your skin sensitive and may pose a risk for infection. They can also clog pores. Dyes made from coal tar are carcinogenic and different types of colorants have different harmful effects.
- Mineral Oils – Extracted from petroleum, mineral oils take hundreds of years to form. With depleting levels of petroleum in nature, extracting mineral oils can do a great deal of damage to our planet and environment. Our earth has limited oil reserves left considering the current rate of consumption. The process itself causes air and water pollution, harming local communities. Transporting these can lead to serious accidents and ocean spills that endanger all marine as well as birdlife.
Here Are 10 Amazing Home Remedies For Glowing SkinHere are 10 amazing home remedies for glowing skin.
- Wash your face - As simple as it sounds, we often forget to wash our faces before going to sleep, after walking in the city on our way home, after working out or sweating a lot in a humid environment. This is important as it minimizes pores and removes the accumulated dirt and oil on your face, instantly revitalizing your face. This is one of the foremost natural beauty tips for glowing skin.
- Exfoliate - Exfoliating body scrubs remove dead skin cells unclog pores, preventing acne, improving circulation, and detoxifying. This makes sure that the moisturizers and natural skincare products penetrate your skin well and provide enhanced results.
- Moisturize - After cleansing and exfoliating with a natural body scrub, use a moisturizer to deeply hydrate your skin, make it even, and get rid of the dryness that you feel after cleansing. This can help prevent lines and wrinkles from forming.
- Use sunscreen - Sunscreen not only helps protect your skin from the damage caused by the sun, but it also helps in making your skin healthy by protecting the essential protein keratin present in your skin. It aids in making your complexion even, reducing risks of skin cancer, and prevents premature aging. Thus, it’s time to take your sunscreen out on days with a high UV index even if it’s not sunny.
- Drink water – Water is nectar for the skin - it helps reverse the effects of aging and weight loss, making your skin tighter and free of wrinkles. Moreover, it reduces puffiness, itchiness, enables increased blood circulation, significantly improving skin tone and complexion. It may help clear acne and reduce pores for the perfect looking skin.
Remove makeup - Sleeping with make-up on reverses all the benefits of exfoliation. It attracts dirt and bacteria, clogging pores, and increasing the risk of acne. This leaves your skin dull and lifeless with multiple breakouts. It interferes with the shedding of dead skin cells and degrades collagen levels that cause premature aging.
- A simple cleansing skincare routine every night helps keep your skin clean. Basic cleaners don’t remove makeup thoroughly, especially long-lasting makeup - also, they can be a bit harsh for the sensitive area around the eyes. Culte skincare has come up with a natural makeup remover balm which is a natural cleansing balm that melts the makeup so that it is easily removed by just washing your face or using a cotton pad, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Exercise and meditate - Sweating all the toxins out by exercising or practicing yoga will give your skin that nice healthy glow you always wanted. Yoga helps your blood circulate better so that your face brightens with an all-natural pink blush. It also relaxes your mind and helps you feel better and beautiful from within.
- Detoxification - Toxins enter our bodies via environmental factors and lifestyle choices. Having lots of green vegetables, using sunscreen, and hydration help in protecting you from potential toxins and detoxify. Eating food rich in vitamin C and vitamin E supplies your body with antioxidants that aid in detoxification, reducing yellowness of skin. Magnesium is ideal for flushing out the toxins in your body. Natural body products with magnesium as one of the ingredients also aid in relaxing the muscles, boosting immunity, and improving dry skin conditions by hydrating it. Salt soaks are also great for winding down at the end of a stressful day.
- Quit smoking and drink moderately - Smoking deprives the skin of oxygen and nutrients, making the skin tone uneven. Continual smoking forces lines and wrinkles upon your skin, giving it a saggy look. Quitting smoking paired with these skin care tips can help restore even skin tone and tighten the skin. Alcohol filled with sugar dehydrates your skin and adversely affects your complexion can cause puffiness of eyes. Your skin will appear noticeably healthy after quitting smoking and reducing your alcohol intake.
- Sleep on it - During night-time, your skin switches to a detoxification mode. Your skin, the largest organ in your body, works its magic and replaces dead skin cells with new ones. When your sleep cycle is interrupted, the body is no longer able to carry its natural replenishing and exfoliation processes. This is why you look so beautiful and bright after eight hours of a good night’s sleep - your skin is replenished and you glow from within.
What Are The Benefits Of Natural Skin Care Products?Here are some benefits of natural skin care products
Sustainable and beneficial for the environment
Natural skin care products are more eco-friendly and sustainable than synthetic manufacturing industries that produce tons of waste that harm our waterways and aquatic life. Synthetic sunscreen chemicals have been linked to harming marine life including corals and fishes and are now banned in a lot of locations. Plastic microbeads pose a serious threat to marine life when they ingest it and are deadly to small creatures of sea.
Natural ingredients are more bio-degradable as they can disintegrate or decompose; materials are broken down by microorganisms like bacteria and reabsorbed into the natural environment. There’s no ecological harm during this process and hence by using natural products you are actually helping the planet and helping to build a better environment. Homemade skincare tips are ideal natural options to practice natural skin care at home.
Skin care products are often tested on innocent animals, harming them unnecessarily. To ensure that there’s no harm done to animals, look for ethical cruelty-free products. In 2019 The Australian government banned animal testing for cosmetic products; however, the ban will only apply to new products, not those which are already available on the market.
Synthetic fragrances free
Hundreds of toxic chemicals used in a variety of cosmetic products are hidden under the one word “fragrance”. These are suspected endocrine disruptors, compounds that interfere with hormonal health that may lead to various health concerns. About 95% of the chemicals used to make these synthetic fragrances are derived from petroleum and include benzene derivatives (carcinogenic), aldehydes, toluene, and many other known toxic chemicals linked to allergic reactions and skin sensitivity to light.
Synthetic colors free
Colors used to make products look more attractive actually make your skin more sensitive and prone to irritation. They can also block pores and hence there is a greater risk of acne. So, it is of utmost importance to use natural skin care with no synthetic colors at all or ones that have natural colors in them.
10 Amazing Tips For Face Glow | Natural Face GlowHere are ten effective and easy natural skin care tips for healthy skin.
- Choosing the right products - Depending on your skin type, you can look for certain ingredients that meet your needs and cater to common skin goals like radiance and glow. All-in-one skin care products do an excellent job of protecting your skin whilst hydrating and reviving it.
- Getting that perfect radiance - If you have a dry and dull face, vitamin C and glutathione will make it hydrated and looking radiant. It also reduces yellowness. Other antioxidants that provide similar glowing results are botanical extracts such as pomegranate, grape seed, green tea, blueberry, tomato, goji berry, and broccoli.
- Say goodbye to acne-prone oily skin - Tea tree is one ingredient that controls oil while it’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties may help calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin. Using clay powder masks helps in prevention of oily skin and acne build-up.
- Identifying the signs of aging – After the age of thirty, look out for initial signs of aging like prominent dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. These signs also include noticeably gradually loosened skin around the neck and hands.
- Anti-aging - Reducing your sugar intake helps to keep your face vibrant and bright. It has an anti-aging effect and is one of the most basic beauty tips for face at home. Products and food containing vitamin A help make your skin free of wrinkles, give it an even tone and provide you with a healthy glow.
- Focus on the skin metabolism - taking care of your body and feeding it right is vital for improving your facial glow. Eating protein-rich diets and having a balanced diet that supplies vitamin C improves your metabolism and helps produce collagen that makes your skin appear youthful and supple. Avoid smoking, ingesting a lot of sugar, and excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun. This combined with a good natural skin care routine will do wonders for your appearance and overall health.
- Detoxification - Toxins enter our bodies via environmental factors and lifestyle choices. Having lots of green vegetables, using sunscreen, and hydration help in protecting you from potential toxins and detoxify. Eating food rich in vitamin C and vitamin E supplies your face with antioxidants that aid in detoxification and reducing dullness. Magnesium is ideal for flushing out the toxins in your body. Natural body scrubs and products with magnesium as one of the ingredients also aid in relaxing the muscles, boosting immunity, and improving dry skin conditions by hydrating it. Modeling mask powders can be used to deeply detoxify skin.
- Getting rid of products that have expired – Dispose of the cosmetic products that are very old. Make sure to check the expiry dates of the products you buy. Avoid sharing your cosmetics with other people as it makes the product unsafe for use by contaminating it.
- Modify your skincare routine in accordance with seasons and weather – Different environments affect your skin differently. Hence, it is useful to switch your products accordingly. You might want to switch to oil-controlling products and light toners during hot and humid weathers; deeply hydrating and moisturizing products, deep nourishing toners, and lip balms during winters. You can buy skincare online based on the approaching season.
- Regular skin care regimens, pampering yourself – Healthy habits. Stick to a regular skin care regimen using natural face masks that suits your skin for effective results. Pamper yourself with natural bath salts and a gentle facial massage with essential oils while putting on relaxing instrumental music. This eases tension and refreshes your mind. Healthy habits like these combined with facial exercises that help make your skin firmer and younger will make your skin beautiful and smooth.
Follow these beauty tips for face at home and see your skin transform beautifully to look healthy and glowing. And always shop sustainable and natural skincare products that respect your body and nature.