Your skin type matters
Different types of skin require different kinds of treatments. Think of it this way - if a person with oily skin buys oil-based products for dry skin, it will only aggravate her skin problems. This is exactly why you need to figure out your skin type - that is, whether your skin is dry, oily, normal, or a combination of all these.
If you feel that your skin tightens when you smile, chances are you have dry skin. If you have sheen suggestive of oil on your nose and forehead chances are your skin is normal or a combination. If the entirety of your face feels oily, you might have oily skin.
To confirm these speculations, take a blotting paper and gently press it on different areas of your face thirty minutes after cleansing it with a mild face wash.
If there’s no transparency in the paper and a few dry flakes of skin are seen, you have dry skin; if the paper is entirely soaked through, you have oily skin; if there’s neither too oily nor too flaky skin, you have normal skin; if there are different levels of absorption for different areas of your face, you most certainly have combination skin. You can now look for products that solve issues that concern your skin type.
At Home Natural Skincare TreatmentsThere are many tips you will find on natural remedies for healthy skin or even home remedies for glowing skin, but if you want the perfect relaxing spa experience in the comfort of your home, using the following tips will help you get the similar results without having to step out of your house or spending much money.
- Create a calming atmosphere for yourself - This is the time to make a list of things that make you happy that you can use while taking care of your skin to relax your mind. Put up your favorite songs that you can listen to, lie back on your most comfortable seat in a peaceful room, and sip water infused with cucumber and mint. Turn on a nice dim light and wear something you’re the most comfortable in. If you have a diffuser, use lavender oil or eucalyptus to give a soothing feel of aromatherapy. Forget about all that troubles you for a while and you have the perfect setup to give yourself the treat you deserve.
- Soothing eye treatment - Cut two slices of cucumber or potato and put them on your eyes. Their anti-inflammatory properties sooth the skin around your eyes, hydrating it, and reducing puffiness. This also aids in tightening the skin and making it brighter.
- Relaxing Body Scrub - To get that perfectly smooth skin, you might have considered buying new makeup. Before all that, getting rid of dead skin cells and ingrown hair will make your skin appear noticeably softer and smoother. Cute Natural’s uplifting natural exfoliating body scrub contains grapefruit that uplifts your senses and exfoliating sugar gently removes the dead skin cells on your skin. It is a natural body scrub enriched with nourishing Shea butter that doesn’t strip your skin off of its moisture and hydrates it from within.
- Rejuvenating pedicure - Cure all your stress with a simple pedicure setup. Put some warm water in a tub and add bath salts. Immerse yourself in floral aromatherapy with Aromatherapy Natural Epsom Salt Soak, our natural bath salts with pure essential oils in rosewood, grapefruit, sweet orange, lemon, or lavender for bath salt soak and wintergreen foot soak. Epsom salts are believed to increase magnesium absorption that calms down your nerves, decreases stress and discomfort. Now exfoliate your feet with natural exfoliating foot scrub with the goodness of Avocado, Coconut and Sesame Seed Oils with Shea and Cocoa butter that leaves your skin smooth and clean. You will instantly feel the benefits of foot scrub for dead skin removal as you feel softer heals.
- Deep Hair Conditioning treatment - While you sit with your feet in the tub, apply a generous amount of hair mask or conditioner, and cover it with a shower cap. Leave it for 15 minutes before washing. This will hydrate, cleanse, and help repair your hair, especially if you use hot styling tools.
At Home Skincare With Facial
- Bring the spa atmosphere at home - Take a bath with Epsom salt soak, light a scented candle, and listen to a relaxing playlist. Natural bath salts with luxurious flowers, pink Himalayan salt, and pure essential oils are a perfect way to bring home the spa feeling. Try our aromatherapy bath salts to sooth, relax, and unwind after a long day.
- Remove your makeup - For an effective facial, you have to make sure that you clean your skin thoroughly so that the products that follow will sink deep and benefit your skin. Start by removing the makeup you have on - using a oil based makeup cleansing balm works wonders for sensitive skin as instead of stripping skin of its moisture, it actually helps restore moisture. Culte Natural Skincare’s Melting Moments makeup remover balm forms a cream based cleaner when mixed with water, and gently melts away the makeup. Unlike foam cleansers, this skin cleansing balm will not make your skin dry. It also works as a good natural cleansing balm for daily use; you won’t have to wash your face again with face wash.
- Exfoliate your face - Depending on your skin type, you can choose the right natural exfoliating scrub that will cater to your individual skin needs. Lucky for you, we have got just the right formula to make the perfect facial scrub at home. Ground almonds, coconut oil, and avocado when mixed form the perfect scrub for dry skin; Egg whites and turmeric work wonders to tighten skin, control oil secretion and pH levels and are hence good for exfoliating oily skin; ground rice, yogurt, and parsley work great for removing age spots and evening skin tone for mature skin; crushed oatmeal, aloe vera, and honey gently exfoliate sensitive skin of dead skin cells.
- Steam your skin - Steaming opens your pores and prepares your skin for extraction. At home, take a small tub with hot water, hover your face over it and cover your head with a towel to trap the steam. However, be sure not to overdo it since steaming for too long may cause dryness.
- Extraction - When done right, extraction unclogs pores, removes whiteheads and blackheads, and provides a clean foundation. In order to do this, make sure that you have taken steam and moisturized your skin right before - this is essential to open up the pores so that it can be extracted easily. Once this is done and your skin is warm to touch, place a clean comedones extractor gently on your pore. If unsuccessful, try to reposition and repeat the same process again. Applying too much pressure may cause bruising and scarring, so remember to be as gentle as you can be. Not all pores are ready for extraction - you will see a visible white head when it has to be released. Don’t apply too much pressure if the debris isn’t coming out - give your skin a day or two before trying again. Apply a moisturizer thereafter and remember to rub alcohol on your extraction tool to prevent infections.
- Mask - Using natural face masks at home is undoubtedly one of the quickest ways to have soft and supple skin. It makes skin firmer and helps it look younger, moisturizes it, and relaxes your mind. Bring the luxury of spa at home with our 2X Sooth and Hydrate Peel-off Rubber Mask and 3X Modeling peel off face masks which help sooth and hydrate normal and sensitive skin or detox, purify and mattify oily skin. These are peel off modeling rubber powder face masks - their application is slightly different than that of peel off masks. Take some of this modeling mask powder and mix it with water to form a thick gelatinous paste to apply on your face. It may feel heavy, but the rewarding part is that after some time when the mask solidifies, you can roll it off in one go. It lifts right off unlike when you use a peel off mask pack. These are unique natural face peel masks that come off like a rubber model of your face in one go. Our peel off face masks deeply hydrate and calm skin as the rubber texture creates an evaporation free layer so that the skin can absorb all the hydrating ingredients. If you have normal, dry, or sensitive skin, use our detox and hydrate Modeling Peel-off Face Mask with the goodness of diatomaceous earth and aloe-vera juice powder. Diatomaceous earth is the most effective collagen booster and is gentle enough to use on sensitive skin. Aloe-vera sooths and hydrates dry and sensitive skin. These combined will hydrate your skin and make it look satiated. For oily and acne prone skin, our Purify Mattify Clarify Charcoal Modeling Peel Off Face Mask, a natural face mask for acne promotes clean and clear skin because of charcoal’s ability to act like a magnet that attracts all the dirt and oil from the skin so that they are peeled off along with the mask.
- Extra treatments- Now you can apply treatment products to target the special needs of your skin - browse products like boosters, serums, night-time skin clearing gels, and so on. Let them absorb into your skin for a few minutes.
- Moisturize and massage - Finish your treatment with a moisturizer to seal in all the benefits. Massage after applying it to make sure it rubs in, and then apply sunscreen or a product with SPF range of 30 to 50 if it’s moderately or very sunny outside.